Preferred journal of Glass Global, the January/February issue of Glass Worldwide is now available.
Via an extensive series of exclusive interviews with leading industry personalities, many recent investment initiatives from around the world are detailed, as well as the latest technology innovations, market information, event coverage and opinions from the flat, hollow and speciality glass sectors.
To view selected articles free of charge and order the full paper and digital issues, visit www.glassworldwide.co.uk. Highlights include:
- Sisecam: Professor Dr Sener Oktik, Chief Research and Technological Development Officer, explains future plans for the Sisecam International Glass Conference and how they align with the group’s ambitious R&D goals.
- Arglass Yamamura: Jose Arozamena, Chairman and CEO of Arglass Yamamura and Koji Yamamura, President and CEO of Japan’s Nihon Yamamura update the status of their joint greenfield glass container project in southern Georgia.
- Pilkington North America: Richard Altman, Regional Director for Architectural Glass and Solar in North America, discusses the commissioning of NSG Group’s first float line in the USA since 1980.
- Ardagh Group, Glass – North America: John T Shaddox, Chief Commercial Officer, describes market share growth in highly competitive US markets.
- Johns Manville: How the application of CFD can improve the operation of current glass furnaces.
- Market reports: A series of specially commissioned articles examine prevailing flat, hollow and speciality glass conditions.
- Case study: Smart structural glazing connects cutting-edge university complex.
- North American year in review: The Glass Packaging Institute’s Scott DeFife assesses market conditions for glass packaging in 2019, as well as recent trends.
- Arc: Sebastien Donze discusses his role as Research & Development Director at the leading tableware specialist and as a member of the GlassTrend advisory board.
- O-I: Having invested more than €250 million in its French glass container production sites in the last three years, Robert Gachot, Group Executive for South West Europe, discusses some of the projects completed and those in the pipeline.
- Saint-Gobain Isover: A glass wool production line in Chemillé, near Angers, France, was recently inaugurated to meet growing insulation demand.
- Verallia: The completion of a €24 million investment at the group’s specialist glass food packaging production site in Lagnieu, involving rebuilding one of two furnaces and modernising the associated production lines.
- O-I Innoval: Melianthe Leeman, Director of the Global Innovation Platform, has overseen the introduction of direct-to-glass digital printing technology and the first production line of O-I : EXPRESSIONS at the Chazelles-sur-Lyon facility.
- SGD Pharma: Carole Grassi, Chief Innovation and Development Officer, discusses innovative solutions for implementing aseptic filling with ready-to-use moulded glass vials.
- Market report: The first investments in many years are being allocated in Syria’s glass industry, raising hopes that the worst days of the conflict may be over.
- Alternative furnace fuels: As the glass industry looks towards a more efficient future, new fuel sources and melting technologies may need to be considered to suit different regions. René Meuleman discusses some of the alternatives.
- A diverse series of technical articles covering architectural glazing, forming, inspection, laminating and process control.
- The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers of London: Industry stalwart Richard Katz was installed as the 275th Master Glass Seller at a well-attended Common Hall & Installation Dinner in London in December.
- FEVE: Boosting EU glass recycling to 90% by 2030 - ‘Close the Glass Loop’, a major stewardship programme.
Reviews and previews of the Glass Focus Awards, GlassPrint 2019, glasspex INDIA 2019, Grenzebach Coating Competence Days, 80th Conference on Glass Problems, Glasstech Asia and the 2019 UK Suppliers Alliance Seminar, as well as a comprehensively updated diary of forthcoming events in 2020.